Monday, March 12, 2018

Looking at the garden furniture, I decided it was looking a bit in need of some TLC. so eager to be doing something to the garden I decided to get the paint brush out and give it a well deserved facelift.


Not wanting to wait for the weather I brought the first chair indoors. Big mistake. The old paint was all peeling off and the aluminium underneath was oxidising causing a massive dust cloud while I was rubbing it down.


The weather was better when I started the table so the preparation on that and the other chair took place outside.


When I did them last time only a small amount of paint flaked off and I did both chairs and the table in an afternoon, only using one tin of paint. This time they are considerably older and have endured a whole lot more bad weather and most of the paint came off, every time I thought all the loose was off there was some more popped up saying what about me. It took almost a week to get them done one item at a time, two coats of paint. I had got the same paint as before, but either they've changed the colour or the old paint had faded considerably, it was quite a shock when I put the first brushful on and instead of a subdued red lead colour it was a vibrant pillarbox red 😀.


But at last they're finished and I'm getting used to the colour, and I think picking out the roses with gold just finishes them off.


They certainly brightened up the corner of the garden this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment