Friday, March 16, 2018

A couple of snowdrops in the pot, and some daffodils in with the lavender, spring is coming to my back garden at last.😁


Meanwhile work is progressing on the new  bit of garden. Both compost bins have been moved but the multiple trips back and forth with their contents have made the path a muddy mess, so I placed an old door for the wheel barrow to run on.


The vegetable patch is dug, but the ground is so claggy I can do nothing with it yet except put loads of muck and compost on and hope the worms do their job and work it in. I've bought a load of seed potatoes to start things off, but I think I went a bit mad abd bought too many. I think the earlies and second earlies can go in the ground and the maincrop will have to go in tubs, then I can replant with other thi gs when I've harvested the earlies.


I put my saw horse out there and spent a pleasant hour in the sun today cutting wood in the work area.


And the sign saying ' Eileens garden' is on the gate.


No comments:

Post a Comment