Saturday, February 24, 2018

There is still ice on the bath with the frogspawn in, the frogs always lay it just before we have a cold spell. When I step out of my kitchen door there is a blast from the arctic blowing round the corner, but go through the arch into another world. I'm sitting on my chair in the sun, ok I still have my jumper and body warmer on and my feet are encased in my Toggi boots, but my legs are burning in my black jeans.


I did get the shredder out ready to shred the willow I cut down a month or so ago, but it's so peaceful sitting here listening to the birds singining with my dog at my side. There are sparrows flitting here and there in rowdy swoops, a starling throwing his weight about keeping them from the feeder. A chaffinch sneaks in surrepticiously while the starling is concentrating on the sparrows. And then quiet , everyone is gone except the starling on the feeder. A cheeky little bluetit stops by to peck a few insects from the tree.


I really should be doing the shredding but it's such a shame to shatter the peace, I think I'll just sit here with my book and pretend summer is here😁.


I wonder if it's too early to get the 🍷 out?

No comments:

Post a Comment