Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Yesterday was a wild day with ex hurricane Ophelia lashing the garden, luckily not causing any damage to my little world although there were reports of trees down in surrounding lanes and the high street in our nearest town was closed due to falling roof tiles. Strangely one of my window boxes, the one with the spinach in , seems to have been lifted from the coal bunker and deosited right way up on the path next to it.

Today I'm gently swinging in my new chair , which I'm totally in love with, enjoying a cupof tea in the sun. There's something magical about the chair , it caats a spell over me and I can sit here for hours just watching the birds on the feeder in the willow tree at the end of the garden.


Since I bought the seed from Haiths there have not been as many sparrows out here as there used to be, (they still have the normal seed in the front garden so you needn't feel sorry for them!) It's certainly a lot quieter and there are more bluetits, great tits the odd coal tot and I think I spotted a willow tit the other day. My friendly robin is enjoying the fat robin food I got for him and the dunnocks are still mopping up what drops to the ground which I am supplemnting with golden chorus and insectivo prosperous. I even spotted a goldfinch the other day.


Rogan is asleep at my feet

,

and the afternoons reading matter is on the table at my elbow with the all important cup of tea.

Perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment