Saturday, October 21, 2017

Woke up to the beginnings of Storm Brian this morning, no breakfast in the garden today.


But yesterday I managed to do a bit of weeding in the Aquilega patch. This is a problem area that is in full glory in lateish spring when the aquilega are in flower and the bees are happily buzzing round them but is a bit of a disappointment once they finish. I keep trying to introduce things to follow on but withlimited success. One of the mistakes was putting a tiny piece of Bears Britches in, far from not being happy there he was absolutely delighted with his new home and decided to take over, so yesterday I was trying to evict him to give the lawful residents some room.
X

I hope Rosemary will be a bit happier now, she was a gift from a friend and does not seem too grateful for being liberated from her pot only to have to fight for airspace.


The ground is a bit clearer now, hopefully the primroses will reward my industry in the spring with a good show of flowers. I might get some daffodils to keep them company.


Now all I have to do is get rid of this pile of rubbish. 
Maybe Brian will blow it away

No comments:

Post a Comment