Sunday, December 1, 2019

The weather has turned a trifle chilly the last couple of days, real winter weather so it's time to make the fatty feasts for my feathered friends. First I fill the teacups with birdseed then to one I added chopped sultanas and to the other some tasty(?) mealworms. Then melt enough suet to fill both cups and then leave in the fridge to set. I'll hang them out this afternoon.

Looking through my list of jobs to do in November, the waterbutt has been positioned, it had to go under the drip from the cracked gutter as the kit I got for the drainpipe wasn't suitable for metal pipes and guess what mine are.

Since I positioned it we've had enough rain to make it stable enough not to blow away in the wind.
The wood pile has been tidied, and more wood added to make it need tidying again!
The bamboo canes have been trimmed and bundled up tidy.

And I made a couple of insect hotels by cutting legths ot bamboo and stuffing them into tin cans


And placing them in the archway.






No comments:

Post a Comment