Tuesday, December 3, 2019

Working in the front garden this afternoon. First of all a quick look at who's in flower now.

Elijahs tears

Kaffir lily





Winter Jasmin


Viburnum



My pots of Pansies.




An old sink with winter flowering heathers, underplanted with tulips to flower in the spring.


Another Viburnum, a cutting from the first one.


I try to keep something flowering all year round, both for my benefit and for the wildlife as well.

But now to work.
A while ago I cut the Budlea down and left the trash in a pile on my pocket handkerchief of a lawn, today I decided to start to deal with the pile


With the help of my trusty garden shredder. My garden is hard on shredders, this is model number 3. Number 1 broke it's blade and it was a cheap own brand one from B&Q and I couldn't get replacement, then I bought a Draper  because I could get replacement blades but the motor burned out, I wonder what will happen to number 3 and how long it will last.


I managed to shred about half  the pile and filled the bag twice, which I spread as a mulchover the bed next to the path.


No comments:

Post a Comment