Saturday, September 21, 2019

When I checked the wormery yesterday morning my worms were trying to escape, luckily they had mostly gone down through the holes ithe bottom into the basement chamber. A few had made their way past the newspaper on top but had not made it as far as the holes i  the lid. Hoping it was because it was too light for them although I had used opaque buckets ,I found a black material bag and popped the wormery into it after rounding up the escapees. I checked again in the evening and all was quiet, although whether this was because they'd all escaped or died I wasn't sure. A further check this morning and caught a glimpse of someone slithering quickly back under cover so I'm assuming all is well now and they are happy in their darkened home.

No comments:

Post a Comment