Thursday, September 19, 2019

My worms came today for my wormery.

First I found two buckets.


Then I drilled holes in the base of one, and the lid.


I covered the bottom with a circle of cardboard to stop the worms escaping through the holes.


Then I put in a layer of damp newspaper.


Next came a layer of compost.


Now for the worms, 



Next some vegetable peelings for them to eat.


A layer of newspaper to keep them cosy and stop them climbing out of the holes in the lid.


Now the lid goes on, and this bucket is placed over the other one so any liquid draining out can be collected and used as plant food. It will be quite strong so must be diluted 1part liquid to 10 parts water.


I placed my little wormery under a chair in the shade so it doesn't overheat or get rainwater in through the holes in the lid.

I hope my little Tiger worms are happy in their new home and make me lots                                                                 of compost

No comments:

Post a Comment