Thursday, April 5, 2018

Rushed into Cardigan this morning on the 9o'clock bus because Aldi had this mini greenhouse on offer today. At first I could't see them and was cursing, but on closer inspection I found just one hidden next to the plastic walk in greenhouse. The Last One, lucky or what.


The boy on the checkout very kindly got some string to tie round the box as a handle, otherwise I don't know how I would have got it home on the bus😂. After a coffee in the garden to recover I spent the rest of the morning putting it together. Then filling it up with seeds. I did one window box with chives, garlic and nasturtians, one with Tatsoi, an oriental cabbage type thing, and one with Kamatsuna, a Japanese mustard spinach. I also planted some corgette seeds and peas. All the seeds are quite old so it wont be a surprise if they don't germinate, but I wont have lost anything.
Then as it was such a lovely day I had lunch in the garden, first time this year. Ground is still too cold to plant potatoes though.


On a different note, the frogspawn I thought had died in the freezing weather we had just after it was laid has hatched and there are millions of little tadpoles huddling in the sun in the corner. Funny how the frogs always know when the temperature is going to drop and lay their spawn just before the pond freezes.





No comments:

Post a Comment