Saturday, April 14, 2018

Beautiful day today, started off with breakfast in the garden the first time this year.


Then a quick trip to the car boot, again the first time this year. Only a handful of stalls there but I did get some more strawberry plants, one Korona, two Ostara and two Elsanta. Korona is suposed to have fruits the size of hens eggs!

When I got home, after a coffee listening to the birds singing, I finally got the potatoes planted. Thought I'd got way too many but only had a couple left over so they went into pots. I either didn't get as many as I thought, the patch is bigger than I thought or I planted them too close together, probably the latter😁


Meanwhile in the mini greenhouse the earlies I planted in pots earlier  have started to shoot.



And the Komatsuna have popped up through the soil.


After lunch I got creative and made this planter out of an old pallet for the strawberries. The new ones at the top and some that Andrea gave me before she went to Germany and have survived the winter in the bottom. Made the mistake of planting the top row first. Going to do another one for the rest of the strawberries and one for herbs, know more what I'm doing now so they should be easier.



No comments:

Post a Comment