Saturday, June 8, 2013

Food for thought

Once again I am starting the season off full of enthusiasm, ok I know it's a bit late but every thing is a month late this year anyway. I went to the car boot sale yesterday and got a few runner bean plants, broad beans and peas. I have planted them in pots and drenched them in garlic tea to try to keep the slugs at bay.



To make garlic tea take a few cloves of garlic and crush then cover with boiling water and leave to cool. When cold dilute and spray over plants. Do this weekly or as needed. I am still testing to see if it works but it is meant to be a stimulate for the plants any way.
I also got a couple of tomato plants and a chilli plant for the window sill. I wanted some courgettes as well but apparently it's too late for them, good job I planted some seeds a few days ago!

1 comment:

  1. The slugs said thanks very much for the feast. I got a handful of runner beans and one courgette! Don't think I'll bother next year.

    ReplyDelete