Tuesday, November 10, 2009

I decided it's time to put the net curtains back up and  to stop hiding behind the hedge now that most of the leaves have fallen. So inbetween the showers last week I decided to tidy it up a bit, this is what it looked like before I started,


And this is how it ended up!


I'm not sure if it's an improvement or not, I feel really exposed now.
The next job is the Wild Cherry tree which  looks a bit like the leaning tower of Pisa. It has grown at a weird angle because the Ash tree above it  takes all the light in the summer. I thought I'd pollard it, so that it shoots out again,level with the fence.
I also bought some bulbs, Anemone st. Brigid, Anemone de Caen, Allium Moly & Brodiaea Fabiola and managed to plant them along the front path and in a couple of tubs.
Today I bought another couple of cyclamen and put them by the honesuckle in the back, were I origionally meant put the ones I bought last week, I'm hopng to ge some more next week again.
Looking at the back lawn, it looks as if it needs another cut, but the ground is much too wet at the moment and we had the first frost of winter yesterday morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment