Saturday, June 16, 2018


We had some much needed rain overnight and the garden is really grateful for it. The Aquilega have finished now and this year I'm trying an experiment, cutting them right back to make room for something to follow on. Usually I leave them to develope seed, but I think I have more than enough now😁.
This is the view through my back window this morning, the Aquilega may be gone but the rose I planted in memory of my old horse, Imshi, is doing well and has lots of lovely scented flowers rambling across the arch. The clematis is finished as well, but has been gorgeous again this year. The pink Jasmin is doing a stirling job, her insignificant pink flowers keeping the bees happy and just out of shot the honeysuckle is towering over the shed filling the air with its gorgeous perfume.

Along the path the pink geraniums are trying bravely to fill the void left by the Aquilega, hopefully they will have companions soon.


Going back a few days a few of the creatures sharing my garden, love this furry caterpillar.


Not quite so sure of this fly though.


But it's good to see this little fella has survived the winter in the bath. Think the males wait in the pond for the ladies to come to them. The water was frozen for quite a while this year so I was quite worried about them.


No comments:

Post a Comment