Friday, September 29, 2017

It's been a while since I posted here, this doesn't mean my garden has been neglected. Far from it. The clematis outside my back door was drastically pruned back after she finished flowering and the old archway which collapses every year was replaced with a brand new and I'm ashamed to say, shop bought one which I hope will prove to be a bit more robust than my attempts at woodwork.


A trellis was added, and I bought a rambling rose, David Austens Malvern Hills, to clamber over it in memory of my old horse who crossed the rainbow bridge at the end of May. She has pale yellow flowers and a beautiful perfume.
My old chair fell to pieces and is now firewood, but has been replaced with this hanging pod chair which I love and is sooo comfortable.





I've been spending a lot of time since my chair arrived last week sitting with a book and a cuppa making the most of the weather while it lasts,(I love Autumn), and watching the birds on the feeder at the end of the garden.


Now that Rogan is older and not escaping from the garden anymore we're spending more time out here and lots of meals have been consumed al fresco and here are some of the visitors who have been sharing the bounty.





No comments:

Post a Comment